Saturday, February 12, 2011

What to eat?

Everyday I try to make sure Kalen is getting great healthy meals.  He gets fruits and veggies at every meal and he loves them he eats them before he eats whatever protein I have placed on his plate.  His favorites are strawberries, Bananas, and blueberries.  He has not met a veggie he did not like, which is odd cause I am not a veggie eater at all, I know its bad.  I try to make sure he gets a protein for lunch too usually some kind of chicken.  For dinner he pretty much eats whatever we are having unless we are having something too spicy. 

I am in need of good/nutritious/quick options for lunch.  I do not want to spend forever making him lunch.  I usually steam some veggies on the weekend for the whole week.  I do not want to give him a lot of microwave options (corn dogs, hot dogs, chicken nugs, etc...) However I did find an amazing chicken nugget it is all white meat, breaded in whole grains, and baked-not fried.  I save these for the times when we are eating spicy or I have nothing else to give him.  I am trying to avoid the I will only eat chicken nuggets or hot dogs every night.  He does pretty well at eating whatever I cook for dinner and I hope it stays that way.  It makes it a lot easier, so I do not have to cook multiple meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment