Well the past week we have thought the little mister #2 was going to enter the world at any time. Now I just think he is going to wait till his due date, which is fine. Last Thursday, the 12th, I was checked at my Drs appt and to every ones surprise I was 3-4 cm dilated and about 70 % effaced. I had had any contractions, just a few braxton hicks here and there. So the Dr was sure I wasn't going to make it very much longer. Well a week later I was back for my next appt and when I was checked I was 5-6cm dilated, still hadn't had any pain or contractions. I was once again told I doubt you will make it through the weekend and the Dr said I could have been admitted and put on pitocin but did not want to interfere since I was already dilating with no contractions and I wasn't in pain. So home we went thinking okay baby will be here anytime and we were told not to leave the area since I could go into active labor at any time. So the hubby said I was inactively in active labor, since most women are already at the hospital at 5cm.
This is a little TMI... But, The next Day, Saturday, we were just going about our day as usual until I went to the bathroom and noticed I had blood dripping out and it just kept coming out. So we decided to go to the hospital to get it checked out. When we got there we went up to get evaluated. The nurse that took me back was very skeptical of everything I was telling her. I had to pee in a cup and she came back to tell me that yes there was blood in my urine... well thank you I already knew that. She hooked me up to the monitors and began watching the baby and seeing if I was having contractions. She asked me when I was checked last and I told her the day before in the morning and I told her that the Nurse that checked me said I was 5-6cm. She immediately was asking who checked me bc she never heard of her and the way the nurse was talking clearly indicated that she in no way thought I was actually dilated and that the nurse that checked me was dumb. She told me I didn't look like I was in labor and thought that I was probably not as dilated. (I never said I was in labor lady, we came bc I was Bleeding a lot and wanted to make sure everything was ok)So she went to check me and you could tell on her face that she was shocked, she said well I will put down that you are 5.5cm (so basically the lady the day before was right). The bleeding was just my cervix ripening, so it wasn't really a big deal. She then asked if I had been having contractions at all and I said I didn't believe so because nothing was painful I would just feel my stomach tightening. Every once in a while one would cause a dull ache. She then made a crack well you had a baby before so you have to know exactly what a contraction feels like and you clearly haven't had any with this one. I told her that my water broke with my first and was put on pitocin because I wasn't having contractions. Pitocin contractions are way more intense than if I was having them on my own, So I thought maybe I was having them and I was just comparing them to the ones on pitocin. So she said I would just irritate my uterus and that was causing it to tighten.
She told me that my Dr and His midwife were not on call that weekend so she would have to call the Dr he left in charge, who was from another practice, to see what he wanted to do. In the meantime she left us and then brought me a Popsicle and some juice, which was nice or her, considering she had been rude to us the whole time. So hubby and I talked and I was hoping that I could just go home. 1st I didn't want this lady as my nurse while I was delivering a baby and I was not having any contractions, so I didn't want to just lay in the hospital bed waiting I would rather go home. So the Dr on call said he was fine with me leaving. So we went and had dinner and headed home.
So I am now just convinced I am going to my due date and maybe my body may not fully contract on its own. So we sit here waiting... and I am just glad I haven't been in any pain yet or having contractions while I am at home.