The cookies turned out great, I didn't really know what to expect. They were definitely different, but good. It's crazy because the cookies taste fruity from the Jello and I think you just expect a suagr cookie taste. I used Berry Blue, Lemon, Cherry, and Cherry Lemonade Jell-O.
|Mixing the Flour and Baking Powder|
|Dumping the sugar in|
|Testing his creation|
|Our Red, White, and Blue Jell-O cookies (Cherry, Lemon, and Berry Blue Jell-0 flavors)|
*3.5 Cups of Flour
*1 tsp Baking Powder
*1.5 cups salted butter-softened
*1 cup sugar
*1 tsp Vanilla
* 4 pkgs of Jell-O (you pick your flavors)
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You can add food coloring to make the colors bolder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.
- Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
This makes about 2 dozen cookies. I had more because my cookie balls were not the same size.